Social media has been in an uproar over the recent #StrandedBae thread that has been circulating on twitter.
No matter whose side of the story you take, the topic of flying someone out or being flown out isn’t something we comfortably discuss today. So with that being said, how do you avoid being the next #StrandedBae? Here’s a list of advice to help you get through a weekend getaway with bae without any missed flights, crazy stories or rats.
- First and foremost if you are being flown out always have the cash to cover at least one nights stay in a hotel and a flight back home.
- If possible bring a friend.
- Constantly keep watch of your surroundings. From the time you land make mental notes of landmarks and significant buildings…you never know when they might come in handy.
- The moment you feel uncomfortable leave. There is nothing worse than sticking around when you don’t feel good vibes.
- Both guys and girls SHARE your location; Apple did us a favor with that one so use it.
- Meeting in a public place can help alleviate awkwardness as well as serve as a safe way to meet your bae face to face.
In conclusion, Have an exit plan. You should never go anywhere where new without planning a safe way out in advance. No matter guy or girl; talk about guidelines before any ticket is even purchased. We live in a time of catfishes and scammers so it’s important to know what you are getting yourself into.
Whether you’re flying out tomorrow or you are reading this while on the plane to Miami for the weekend. Lets all take a look at #StrandedBae’s account and learn from her mistakes.